Are you looking for a new opportunity and would like to support young people in Cambridgeshire? We have 2 Sessional Youth Worker positions available, starting in September 2021.
- KICK Sessional Youth Worker
- Part time, 10 hours per week. Term time only.
- £12 per hour
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 6th August 2021. Please email your application form, available via the link below, and CV to email@example.com.
Interviews from Monday 16th August 2021.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
- To be accountable and responsible for the delivery of youth services under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- To help young people (age 11- 19 years) grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society through the provision of a range of activities that develop their social, physical and mental capacities, promoting self-worth, independence, a sense of responsibility and respect for others.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivery of youth work programmes to support young people
- Assist in planning and delivery of KICK projects – including our community based youth groups on 2 late afternoons/early evenings between 3 – 7.30pm.
- Promoting the participation of young people in the activities.
- Establishing relationships and a style of working that will enable the young people to safely learn and develop, in accordance with the principles and values of KICK.
Evaluation of sessional work
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluating of sessional work including providing input to reports when needed.
- To work in accordance with and commit to KICK’s policies and procedures including child protection, equal opportunities and data protection.
- To familiarise themselves with the local community amenities and providers of services for young people.
- Promote and champion KICK and its associated projects.
- To understand their role in the health and safety of young people, for the safeguarding of premises, furnishings and equipment, and also for the collection and recording of monies received in accordance with guidelines and instructions where appropriate.
- To report any Child Protection concerns to the KICK Operations Manager in accordance with the KICK Safeguarding Policy.
To attend supervision meetings and annual appraisals and to contribute to staff meetings and training courses as required.
- To carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Operations Manager and/or Trustees in line with the aims of the charity.
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES||Ability to communicate effectively with young people and colleagues. Ability to plan youth work activities in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the young people. Able to work effectively within a team and be able to plan, monitor, record, evaluate and prioritise a range of work requirements.|
|EXPERIENCE||Experience of planning activities and/or sessions for young people. Able to demonstrate experience of successfully working with children and young people.|
|KNOWLEDGE||Knowledge of Health and Safety management including Child Protection Procedures. Have undertaken, or be willing to take, Safeguarding children and young people training.|
|PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS||A high level of resilience and adaptability. Proven ability to communicate effectively within a range of settings using a wide range of communication skills. Ability to create, maintain and develop professional positive relationships with young people, families, carers and wider partnerships. Able to work flexibly including up to 3 evenings where necessary and travel to a variety of locations when required including evenings and weekends.|